Party Wall Issues & Disputes

Party Wall Issues & Disputes

We hold longstanding membership of the well-established Pyramus & Thisbe Club of which seeks to advance knowledge of party wall legislation and procedure and to promote best professional practice in its application. Benison Associates have a multitude of experience with both small and large party wall instructions, including but not limited to large London based Local Authorities, commercial and residential clients.

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 is a vehicle generally enabling a building owner to carry out specific works on or adjacent to adjoining property while providing the adjoining owner with a level of protection throughout the works.

Under the Act the owner of the property for whom the work is being undertaken, on or adjacent to, is referred to as the Building Owner and the owner of the adjacent property is referred to as the Adjoining Owner.

Prior to a Building Owner carrying out certain works on or adjacent to a boundary they are required to serve a notice on the Adjoining Owner in accordance with the procedures set out in the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.

Listed below are a few of the main Party Wall services provided by Benison Associates:

  • Provide advice in relation to party wall obligations under the Act
  • Serve party wall notices on behalf of the Building Owner
  • Serve party wall counter notices on behalf of the Adjoining Owner
  • Act on behalf of the Building Owner
  • Act on behalf of the Adjoining Owner
  • Carry out Schedules of Condition
  • Develop and finalise Party Wall Awards
  • Carry out interim and final inspections
  • Act as the Third Surveyor in accordance with Section 10 of the Act

The above is a brief synopsis of the requirements set out in the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and therefore not an exhaustive list. For further information please contact us directly.

Speak to our team today, and find out how we can help with your project
Get In Touch

Related Projects

Toynbee Hall
Toynbee Hall
CDM 2015 Principal Designer, Employer’s Agent/Lead Consultant, Party Wall Issues & Disputes